Job no: 527056
Work type: Casual
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
- Multiple casual opportunities
- Join our supportive and friendly CSSD team
- Work across our Sunshine Coast Network
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital is seeking a positive and enthusiastic CSSD Assistant to join our CSSD team on a casual basis!
About the Role
As a CSSD Assistant, you will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the CSSD team, which will include cleaning, assembling, inspecting, wrapping and sterilising surgical instruments and medical equipment for Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital's clinical departments. Your role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Working in conjunction with Operating Theatre staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and equipment where applicable;
- Ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures, and risk management strategies are met at all times; and
- Handle sterilised items in a manner that protects the integrity and function of the product.
To succeed in this role you be a positive individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Your exceptional communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment is essential for this position.
You will also bring;
- A high attention to detail and accuracy;
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team; and
- A demonstrated good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others and a commitment to upholding Ramsay’s core values.
In this role you may be required to work at Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital or Noosa Private Hospital so a valid driving license will be required
Although not essential, candidates with previous experience working in a hospital setting and who hold a relevant qualification (i.e. has or working towards to a Certificate III in Sterilisation Services), will be highly regarded.
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital offers a range of comprehensive inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialities. Facilities include 6 state-of-the-art operating theatres, two cardiac catheter laboratories, a minor procedure room, a day surgery unit, an 8-bed intensive care unit, a coronary care unit and a day infusion unit and renal unit. Medical consulting suites are located onsite together with comprehensive pathology and radiology services. Other onsite facilities include a retail pharmacy and coffee shop.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of two Covid19 vaccinations prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a current National Police check and Working with Children Check, as well as proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Susan Fuller, CSSD Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 28 January 2022 - 1155pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend