Clinical Trials Unit & Research Manager, John Flynn Private Hospital
- Become a part of a national clinical trials network within Ramsay Health Care
- Be a part of a dynamic research team and contribute to the further development and growth of an active clinical trials unit
- Work within a health care environment that proactively seeks to conduct research that will improve patient care
Ramsay Health Care is seeking a full time clinical trials unit & research manager who will lead the clinical trials & research unit at John Flynn Private Hospital. The successful individual will be a lead a small team, and will assume responsibility for approximately 12 clinical trials. The clinical trials unit currently undertakes a range of haematology and solid tumor cancer trials with the expectation that the unit will continue to expand and offer services to other clinical disciplines within the Hospital. The unit is currently conducting Phase I – Phase III clinical trials that are both commercially sponsored and investigator driven.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the clinical trials that they have been assigned. These activities will include, active patient visits, management of any AEs and SAEs associated with the trial, data entry and response to sponsor queries and management of ethics and governance activities associated with the study. The role is dynamic and challenging, and presents an opportunity to work with a highly engaged group of doctors. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of a leading clinical trials unit and the broader Ramsay Clinical Trials Network.
About Ramsay Health Care
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals and day surgery facilities across Australia, United Kingdom, France, Scandinavia, Indonesia and Malaysia. Ramsay Health Care is Australia's largest private hospital operator with 72 private hospitals.
The role will report to Joanne Mitchell, Director of Clinical Services and will work closely with a number of key stakeholders including interested clinicians, members of the hospital executive, the national clinical trials network and the national research unit.
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience in clinical trials with demonstrated understanding of all components including development, establishment and operational activities required for a high functioning clinical trials unit.
- Experience working with busy clinicians and an understanding of how to effectively manage and work within a fast paced, rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to establish relationships, influence, and work in partnership with stakeholders and employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical trials methodology and knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP) requirements.
- Demonstrated high level conceptual and analytical skills and the capacity to show initiative, to develop solutions and ensure that each research project is successful
- High level knowledge of relevant codes and legislation related to human research ethics and research governance within Australia
- Excellent communication, time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise activities.
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We believe our people are our most important asset.
That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of two Covid19 vaccinations prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a current National Police check, as well as proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases.
For more information about this role, to request a position description or to have a confidential discussion, please contact:
Joanne Mitchell, Director of Clinical Services, John Flynn Private Hospital, Email: MitchellJoanne@ramsayhealth.com.au or Phone: (07) 5598 9011 or Andrew McFadzen, Clinical Trials Network Manager, Ramsay Health Care, Email: McFadzenAndrew@ramsayhealth.com.au or Phone 0435 222 814
Applications close on: COB 28th January, 2022.