Rotational Pharmacist - Cairns
Job no: 530505
Work type: Full time
Location: Ramsay Pharmacy - QLD Regional
- Do you love being a pharmacist?
- Do you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team?
- Do you want to be part of a well-resourced team focused on patient-centred care?
The Ramsay Pharmacy Group (RPG) is part of Ramsay Health Care (RHC), Australia’s largest private hospital operator providing specialised medication and pharmacy services to community patients throughout Australia.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Rotational Pharmacist to be part of our friendly, dispensary Pharmacy team based at Cairns Private Hospital as well as covering local Ramsay Pharmacies in Cairns. This is a permanent full or part-time position with a rotating roster which may include some evening and weekend shifts (76 hours per fortnight).
You will be given the opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide exceptional clinical advice, customer services, quality use of medicines and assist with continuing education of health professionals. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your personal and professional portfolio and experience leadership and clinical pharmacy across variety of clinical specialities within hospital and community pharmacy settings. This position will suit a newly registered pharmacist, or a pharmacist with experience in community pharmacy who would like to make the transition to hospital pharmacy.
- Ensure delivery of efficient and effective pharmacy services to patients and customers in our hospital and neighbouring communities.
- Work closely with the onsite Pharmacy Manager and clinical leaders to ensure the pharmacy service aligns to patient care initiatives and operational requirements of the hospital and pharmacy
- Participate in the delivery of ward-based clinical pharmacy services and professional pharmacy services within the pharmacy
- Educate staff and counsel patients on best use of medications
- Support and provide supervision to pharmacy technicians, pharmacy assistants, interns and students
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent
- Current registration with AHPRA
- A positive, enthusiastic and can-do attitude, with an ability to adapt to varying teams
- Flexible, organised and able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Team player and ability to build effective relationships with pharmacy and hospital team members.
- Vaccination delivery accreditation would be beneficial
A competitive salary is being offered together with the security of joining a large and well respected company. This position reports directly to the Area Manager who will coordinate the required on-the-job training and ongoing support.
To apply for this opportunity, submit your formal application together with contact details of two professional referees via the APPLY NOW button below. Please note: the successful applicant will be required to provide the results of a recent police check prior to commencement. Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, customers, staff, and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement including COVID-19.
Alex Yeung - YeungA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend