Peri-Operative Clinical Educator (Level 3 Position)
We are seeking an experienced Level 3 Clinical Educator to join our Education team at Pindara Private Hospital.
This is a permanent full-time position and will be responsible for the education needs of our Perioperative Department.
About the Role
The Perioperative Department at Pindara Private Hospital offers 16 Operating Theatres including a state of the art hybrid theatre, two Endoscopy suites, and a Cardiac Catheter Laboratory. The successful candidate will be an integral member of our dynamic and friendly clinical team and will:
- Facilitate department based training and clinical competency assessments across our department including Graduates and Novices.
- Be an integral member of all the clinical teams assisting with orientating and educating staff.
- Provide support for professional development opportunities for the perioperative nursing staff.
- Possess sound clinical knowledge and the ability to demonstrate evidence based practise.
- Ability to organise and conduct education sessions for multi-skilled staff.
- Display leadership in clinical practice and provide support to perioperative management team.
To succeed in this role you will bring exceptional time management skills, be highly organised and flexible with working shifts to accommodate educational needs. You will have a committed and proactive approach to professional development, demonstrated experience in mentoring clinical staff and be an exceptional and positive role model with a natural ability to mentor staff with an innovative approach to education delivery.
You will also demonstrate:
- Relevant Nursing Registration with AHPRA
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience in all areas of perioperative nursing (Scrub Scout, Anaesthetics and PACU).
- Where recent experience is isolated to one speciality (ie. Anaesthetics only), previous experience in other areas of the perioperative department is required.
- Experience in preceptoring, educating and developing learning outcomes for all levels of staff qualifications and skill.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and identify solutions
- Extensive knowledge of the various surgical specialities offered in the perioperative department
- Strong understanding of basic computer skills including the Microsoft office suite.
- Postgraduate qualification in Perioperative Nursing and/or Clinical Education
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (working towards or would consider)
You will bring a strong clinical skillset with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay’s core values.
$48.19 - $55.56 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 3 gr1-gr4) [FTE $95,223.44 - $109,786.56]
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast. Pindara Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 19 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, Rehabilitation and Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. The campus also includes a 5 level medical specialist’s suite building
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". We offer
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
All new employees
- must be up to date in their vaccination against COVID-19 (including the third dose, as required) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisations against infectious disease.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Samantha Kurtz, on Email KurtzS@ramsayhealth.com.au