Nurse Unit Manager - Cath Lab
Job no: 532929
Work type: Full time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Nurse Unit Manager – Cath Lab
Full Time Opportunity
We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager – Cath Lab to join the leadership team at North Shore Private Hospital.
About the Role
In this role you will be taking on the management of our Cath Lab which is located on 2 sites at North Shore Private Hospital and Royal North Shore Hospital. The Cath Lab performs cardiac lists plus interventional radiology and pain lists. The role is supported by a passionate team of clinical staff. You will be responsible for the provision of efficient and effective services whilst ensuring a harmonious working relationship with both nursing and medical teams to provide high-quality care to achieve optimal patient outcomes. This position is supported by the Bed Manager, NUM’s, Structural Heart Coordinator and the hospital executive.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset and will hold a passion for cardiology and customer-focused service in line with Ramsay Health Care’s core values. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor while effectively managing the resources and needs of the unit.
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- 5 years minimum experience in an acute hospital setting and relevant experience in Cath Lab/cardiology nursing
- Effective communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a management position desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of labour hours management, stock management, HR matters and complaints
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement / risk management program
- Holding or working towards a tertiary management qualification desirable
- Post graduate studies in an appropriate specialty area desirable
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $59.72-$64.24 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW NUM Level 1-3) [FTE $118,013.48- - $126,942.4]
North Shore Private Hospital is a 312-bed acute surgical and obstetric facility which performs most surgical specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, advanced general and colorectal, urology, spinal surgery, paediatrics and Robotic Surgery. Our hospital offers the latest in cardiac technology combined with first-class standards of accommodation. The theatre complex consists of 17 operating theatres which includes one hybrid theatre and a 25 bay PACU.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
All new employees
- must be up-to-date in their vaccination against COVID-19 (including the third dose, as required) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisations against infectious disease.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Danielle Levis, Director of Clinical Services at LevisD@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 6th June 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend