Nurse Unit Manager – Mental Health
We are seeking an experienced clinical leader to lead our Mental Health team at Albury Wodonga Private Hospital. This is a Permanent Full-Time opportunity.
In this role you will be leading our Karinya Clinic, offering an innovative service delivery model in a therapeutic environment for those struggling with mental illness. Our team prides itself on delivering Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for our patients.
This role provides leadership to a very enthusiastic and supportive team and is accountable for the clinical and financial performance of the ward, including daily operational challenges, staffing and skill mix, bed management, consumables and equipment costs. This position reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong mental health experience in a hospital setting either as a Clinical/Nursing Manager in a similar department or as a senior clinicial wanting to step into a management role. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to inspire, motivate and mentor your team. You will be a leader with a passion for seeing your team members succeed and grow while bringing a a high level of client care and service.
You will also bring;
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Extensive current clinical practice in mental health role (minimum 5 years)
- Recent mental health management experience
- Ability to build rapport with VMOs and staff
- Commitment to improvement and excellence in the delivery of outcomes
- OHS responsibility and leadership in risk minimisation
- Ongoing activity analysis
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage resources and experience in implementing sustainable change
- Graduate Certification/Diploma/Degree/Masters in Mental Health Nursing
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $59.72-$64.24 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW NUM Level 1-3) [FTE $118,013.48- - $126,942.4]
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Australia’s largest private hospital operators, Ramsay Health Care, Albury Wodonga Private Hospital is considered one of the finest and most comprehensive private hospitals in rural Australia. Albury Wodonga Private Hospital provides an extensive range of Perioperative and Interventional Services, Orthopaedic ( including Robotic), Urology, Paediatric, General and Bariatric, Ear Nose Throat, Plastic, Pain Management, Endoscopic, Gynaecological, Vascular, Maxillofacial, Oral and Dental , ECT , Cardiac Catheterisation High Dependency, inpatient and day patient services all located on site for the convenience of our patients. Equipped with advanced medical, surgical and diagnostic technology, the Hospital and our team of highly skilled practitioners are able to provide the very best in perioperative medical, surgical and psychiatric care.
Benefits of working with Ramsay Albury include;
- Live in one of Australia’s most beautiful regional cities and surrounds
- Situated in the heart of the winegrowing region
- Local fresh produce , wonderful restaurants a true foodies delight
- All of the benefits of regional/rural living
- Close to snowfields
- Lake Hume ( six times larger than Sydney Harbour) and the magnificent winding Murray River on the doorstep for water sports and fishing enthusiasts
- Incredible trails and outdoor events for the bushwalking, mountain biking and horsing enthusiast
- Cultural icons and contemporary museums, galleries, theatres, public sculpture and vibrant arts community
- Access to well serviced regional airport
- Easy commute to Melbourne/Sydney and Canberra for a fix of metropolitan escape
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Skilled and experienced mental health team
- Fresh baked morning and afternoon teas daily
- Commute to work within minutes, no traffic congestion
- Free parking
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Megan Curran, Director of Clinical Services at CurranMegan@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 30th May 2022 at 11.55pm