Perioperative Services Manager
Join an organisation with a genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and a wide array of learning and development programs. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Senior Manager to lead a dedicated and professional team in our Perioperative Department. The successful applicant will work closely with the Executive Team to shape organisational strategy, enhance procedural service provision and achieve departmental and hospital strategic objectives.
As the Perioperative Services Manager you will be responsible for the management of seven busy operating theatres for both elective and emergency procedures, as well as Procedure room, Day Procedure Unit, Pre Admission Clinic and CSSD. You will work with all theatre stakeholders to achieve excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements. As part of the health care team at Albury Wodonga Private you will maintain and implement quality systems in accordance with National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Extensive current clinical practice in perioperative role (minimum 5 years)
- Recent theatre management experience
- Ability to build rapport with VMOs and staff
- Commitment to improvement and excellence in the delivery of outcomes
- OHS responsibility and leadership in risk minimisation
- Ongoing activity analysis
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage resources and experience in implementing sustainable change
- Graduate Certification/Diploma in Perioperative Nursing
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $59.72-$64.24 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW NUM Level 1-3) [FTE $118,013.48- - $126,942.4]
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Australia’s largest private hospital operators, Ramsay Health Care, Albury Wodonga Private Hospital is considered one of the finest and most comprehensive private hospitals in rural Australia. Albury Wodonga Private Hospital provides an extensive range of Perioperative and Interventional Services, Orthopaedic ( including Robotic), Urology, Paediatric, General and Bariatric, Ear Nose Throat, Plastic, Pain Management, Endoscopic, Gynaecological, Vascular, Maxillofacial, Oral and Dental , ECT , Cardiac Catheterisation High Dependency, inpatient and day patient services all located on site for the convenience of our patients. Equipped with advanced medical, surgical and diagnostic technology, the Hospital and our team of highly skilled practitioners are able to provide the very best in perioperative medical, surgical and psychiatric care.
Benefits of working with Ramsay Albury include;
- Live in one of Australia’s most beautiful regional cities and surrounds
- Situated in the heart of the winegrowing region
- Local fresh produce , wonderful restaurants a true foodies delight
- All of the benefits of regional/rural living
- Close to snowfields
- Lake Hume ( six times larger than Sydney Harbour) and the magnificent winding Murray River on the doorstep for water sports and fishing enthusiasts
- Incredible trails and outdoor events for the bushwalking, mountain biking and horsing enthusiast
- Cultural icons and contemporary museums, galleries, theatres, public sculpture and vibrant arts community
- Access to well serviced regional airport
- Easy commute to Melbourne/Sydney and Canberra for a fix of metropolitan escape
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Skilled and experienced perioperative team
- Fresh baked morning and afternoon teas daily
- Commute to work within minutes, no traffic congestion
- Free parking
- Very rare occasions of call in for on call situations
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Megan Curran, Director of Clinical Services at CurranMegan@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 29th May 2022 at 11.55pm