Emergency Medicine Specialist (FACEM)
Job no: 533599
Work type: Part time
Location: Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
Categories: Medical Professionals
Emergency Medicine Specialist (FACEM) – Permanent Part-Time
- Looking for Permanent employment in the Hunter region as an ED Consultant within the next 6 months?
- Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Role
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is the only private emergency department in the region. Since opening in 2015 the Emergency department has been extremely popular with the people of the Hunter region this is reflected in the significant rise in patient presentations, to satisfy this growing demand the department is expanding its bed base in the next 12 months. We are seeking enthusiastic ED consultants to join our current team over this time.
As an Emergency Medicine Specialist working in a private ED, you will be responsible for the provision of high quality medical care to patients of the Emergency Department; this includes directly overseeing junior medical staff. Our team prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for its patients.
We are looking for Emergency Medicine Specialists to be employed on a permanent part time basis, however we will consider casual employment. You need to have a passion for client care and for delivering high standards of service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements for this role include:
- Medical degree registrable with AHPRA
- Fellowship of Australian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM)
- Experience as an Emergency Physician
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexibility to work a range of shifts
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sound understanding of professional and legislative requirements in a healthcare setting
Lake Macquarie and the Hunter region offer wonderful life style's for families/singles wishing to relocate. The Hunter Valley, Port Stephens, Newcastle and Lake Macquarie are all at the door step.
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated just south of Newcastle CBD. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Robotics, Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Mark Lee, FACEM – Emergency Department, on Email: LeeMark@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 19 June 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend