Registered Nurses – Cardiac Medical
- Multiple Full-Time or Part-Time positions (60 hours per fortnight)
- Hours negotiable and flexible to suit work/life balance
About the Role
Cairns Private Hospital are seeking motivated, dynamic team players who thrive in a busy environment.
As a Registered Nurse you will perform duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality patient care is delivered within the ward. You will be responsible for will assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of each patient’s individual needs.
Our team prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for its patients.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience in a medical, respiratory, or cardiac unit. Your advanced communication and customer service skills will assist in maintaining good working relations with staff and patients. Your exceptional time management skills will reinforce your ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will also demonstrate;
- Qualifications and registration with AHPRA as a registered nurse
- 2 years acute medical nursing experience
- Experience working in a cardiac ward or unit highly desirable.
- Ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patient
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexibility to work over a 7 day rotating roster including Day, Evening, Night and Weekend shifts will be essential (Hours negotiable and flexible to suit work/life balance!)
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $37.04 - $47.76 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD RN/Midwife gr2-gr8) [FTE $73,193.41 - $94,380.08
Why make that move to Cairns?
Cairns is a thriving tourist town with opportunities for numerous leisure pursuits in close proximity. There is a lively night scene with access to live theatre, concerts and the arts. The lifestyle is casual, built around the outdoors. Both JCU and CQU Universities have a campus in the city and there is access to numerous high-quality public and private schools. Beachside or inner-city living are both available options. Wherever you choose to live, the drive to work will be short and scenic.
About the Hospital
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, Australia, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Situated only 150 metres back from the Cairns Esplanade, the Hospital is easy walking distance from the heart of the tourist mecca of Cairns. Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Cairns Private Hospital is committed to the provision of first-class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area.
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We believe our people are our most important asset.
That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Julie Mellick, Nurse Unit Manager on MellickJ@ramsayhealth.com.au