PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT
Part time position 39 hours per fortnight
About the Role
John Flynn Private Hospital are currently seeking Patient Care Assistant to join their team in our Renal Unit. The role will involve 2 shifts per fortnight in our 16 chair Day Renal Unit with the remaining hours working on the ward.
In this role you will perform duties with the support and guidance of the Department Manager and clinical team leaders to ensure a high level of quality care is delivered to patients in line with the core values and strategic direction of both the hospital and Ramsay Health Care. This can include direct physical support to patients throughout their stay to assisting Nurses and Medical professionals in their delivery of care.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive, effective and flexible team player who brings excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities.
You will also hold;
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Health Services or Care Support Services
- Experience within a clinical hospital setting is ideal for this role and any experience within a Renal Ward will be highly regarded.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
About the hospital
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We believe our people are our most important asset.
That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Yvonne Fahy FahyY@ramsayhealth.com.au