Job no: 533918
Work type: Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry;
- Access to employee benefits & discounts
- Career Opportunity!
We are seeking Clinical Nurses to join our Rehabilitation team at John Flynn Hospital.
Permanent part-time and maternity leave positions available (minimum 48 hours per fortnight)
About the Role
The Rehabilitation Unit at John Flynn Hospital comprises of 57 private rooms across three floors and a well-equipped gym and activities area. Our Unit offers a range of comprehensive in-patient programs including neurological, falls prevention, orthopaedic, reconditioning and amputee specialities. We practice a multidisciplinary approach to health care, involving patient, family, team members and allied health professionals to achieve the best outcome possible.
We have recently undergone a management restructure within the Unit and are seeking Clinical Nurses excited by the prospect of being Team Leaders responsible for the running of the floor under the indirect supervision of the Nurse Unit Manager to ensure the department is safe, effective, and follows best practice. You will also provide leadership and support to our passionate team of clinicians. This role will involve day-to-day problem solving within the clinical setting and fostering a positive, friendly and supportive culture within our dedicated and professional nursing team. This is a direct leadership role and you will be mentoring and supporting the frontline team members within their roles, while at times also providing direct patient care yourself.
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced nurse with highly developed clinical and problem-solving skills. You will have the ability to coordinate care, lead a team and provide expert advice in the area of speciality.
You will also demonstrate;
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum three (3) years’ post graduate experience in a Rehabilitation Unit
- Previous experience as an in-charge Nurse will be highly regarded
- Strong leadership skills and confident with delegating duties
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, on the southern end of the Gold Coast. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Jacqui Kemp (Assistant Director of Clinical Services - Rehabilitation) on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend