Job no: 533921
Work type: Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
We are seeking an experienced Chef to join our team at John Flynn Private Hospital in a Permanent Part Time capacity (50 hours/fortnight).
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for enthusiastic and experienced Chef to join the Team. Position is available within our Jacaranda café, at John Flynn Private Hospital. You will ensure a high standard of quality food production and cleanliness is maintained to be in line with the Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy.
Your duties will involve:
- participating in day-to-day food preparation, and short order cooking
- Supporting the manager to ensure the café follows the food safety program
- ensuring the purchase, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking, service and presentation of food and drink are completed within the required timeframes and standards
To be successful in this role, you will require strong attention to detail and great time management skills. The ability to multitask and communicate well with your team members is required as this will be a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the flexibility to work across a rotating 7-day roster will be key for this role, however this role is predominantly Monday to Friday.
You will also bring
- Professional Chef qualifications required
- Experience in hospitality sector in particular either hotel, restaurant or café
- Experience as a short order cook (preferred)
- Experience within a faced pace commercial kitchen is ideal for this role.
- Sound understanding of Food Safety guidelines and special dietary needs and allergens.
- An ability to follow recipes and processes to ensure safe food production.
- Commitment to excellence in preparation and supply of food services.
- Commitment to excellence in hygiene standards.
Will be based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
About the Hospital
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care. With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
Some benefits of working with us include:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Daniel Walker WalkerD@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 28 June 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend