Clinical Nurse - PACU
Job no: 533991
Work type: Full time
Location: Cairns Day Surgery
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Clinical Nurse in PACU / Recovery
An amazing opportunity exists in beautiful Far North Queensland at Cairns Day Surgery!
Permanent Full Time Positions Available
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Clinical Nurse to lead our Post Anaesthetic Care Unit team. As a Clinical Nurse, you are responsible for the delivery of quality patient care, leading the nursing team and assisting the Nurse Unit Manager with developing standards of practice, implementing changes to clinical practice and initiating research, education and quality improvement activities
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skill set in a Hospital or Day surgery setting with experience in Post Anaesthetic Care Unit. Your advanced communication and customer service skills will assist in maintaining good working relations with staff and patients, while your exceptional time management skills will reinforce your ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will also bring:
- Current registration with AHPRA (Registered Nurse)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in PACU.
- Leadership experience in area of specialty and/or multi-disciplinary team
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge and application of quality improvement principles, research and best practice principles
- Knowledge and application of legislation relevant to area of nursing practice
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from: $48.38 - $52.01 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4) [FTE $95,598.88 - $102,775.32]
Cairns Day Surgery is in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, Australia. Situated only 150 metres back from the Cairns Esplanade, the Hospital is easy walking distance from the heart of the tourist mecca of Cairns. Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Cairns Day Surgery is committed to the provision of first class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area.
Why Choose a Career with Ramsay?
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For all enquiries about this position please contact Carla Norton Perioperative Nurse Manager on NortonC@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close 25 May 2022
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend