Senior Clinical Coder
Permanent Part Time
Join our critical Health Information Services team at Wollongong Private Hospital, NSW.
About the Role
In this critical permanent part-time role you will support the Manager of Health Information Services to ensure data is collected, collated and managed in line with hospital and relevant legislative requirements. You will be required to provide accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures using current coding standards. As part of the Senior Clinical Coder role you will assist the Manager in auditing, education, data submission and liaising with the Clinical Documentation Specialist.
You will be processing confidential data, which is used for billing, morbidity collections, research, statistical analysis, management information systems, quality activities and case mix management including Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) allocation.
Wollongong Private Hospital provides a wide range of health care services including cardiology, orthopaedics, obstetrics, urology, neurosurgery, day surgery, oncology, general surgery and cardiothoracic surgery.
We pride ourselves on a strong culture of continuous improvement, and in this role it will be important for you to support and participate in improvement programs relating to staff development, accreditation, compliance and department processes.
To be successful in this role, you will have private hospital experience and you will be able to work effectively both within a team environment and independently as required. Your ability to maintain positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments, ensuring all quality outcomes are achieved, is crucial for this role.
You will also bring:
- Clinical Coding qualifications from Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) or equivalent, or Bachelor of Applied Science (Health Information Management)
- Minimum 3 years of coding experience in advanced surgical hospital
- Sound and updated knowledge of ICD-10-AM 11th edition and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound and updated knowledge of Medical Science and Medical Terminology
- Ability and willing to take on continuing study
- Knowledge and understanding of DRG and Casemix
- Knowledge and understanding of current Privacy legislation
- Ability to liaise with clinicians and hospital staff about coding and documentation requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Proven commitment to team work
- Previous work experience using 3M Codefinder
- Previous work experience using MEDITECH
This role requires an individual who works well independently whilst having a strong focus on achieving team goals.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance.
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program.
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Damien Lee, Clinical Coding Manager on Leed1@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 20th July 2022 at 11:55pm