Deputy Chief Information Security Officer
Job no: 534013
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - NSW Metropolitan
Categories: Information Technology
- A culture-led digital strategy
- The challenge and opportunity of a new role
- The ambition, resolve and stability of a top 30 ASX-listed company
Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s leading private health care provider with over 460 facilities in 10 countries including the UK, Europe, Asia, US and Australia.
Ramsay employs more than 80,000 people who are united around a common purpose of People Caring for People.
Entrepreneurial, optimistic and energetic, Ramsay has a vision to become a leader in digital health care – and that’s why we need a new Deputy Chief Information Security Officer to guide our security program.
As Deputy Chief Information Security Officer, reporting to the Group CISO, you will be supporting Ramsay Australia’s first line of defence, collaborating with key stakeholders to provide advice and develop security risk mitigation strategies.
Drive cultural change; build capability
- Lead, inspire, educate people across the organisation to:
- Standardise and adopt best practice security methodology
- Facilitate solution discovery
- Promote user awareness and security compliance
- Share knowledge, provide mentoring and guidance to team members
- Pioneer strong cross-team communication and collaboration to share learnings, improve efficiencies and reduce risk
Define the security program
- Engage with IT and business stakeholders to understand the risk position and recommend mitigation strategies
- Develop key reporting metrics and provide advice to the Digital, Technology, and Data Leadership team
- Provide specialist advice and assistance on Digital systems planning, risk, quality and financial management
- Take a lead role in the life cycle of the delivery of the technical solutions for business projects from initial concept, requirements gathering, specification, design, delivery, acceptance and into operational support
- Collaborate across all areas of Ramsay, supporting an integrated approach to the delivery of information security, risk strategies, programs and services
- You will coach, advise, support, enable executives and managers
- You will apply your expert experience to business cases, commercial decisions and budgeting
- You will manage risk
We believe in a bright future for our company and for every one of our employees. A genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and learning and development programs has seen us grow as an industry leader and a sought after employer.
- Strong technical skillset, broad expert knowledge of Information Security principles and practices
- Collaborative – proven ability to work across a multi-layered organisation, providing advice, education and driving security risk management strategies
- Influential – proven ability to leverage internal and external resources, handle conflict and influence stakeholders
- Lead by example – you embrace new processes and strategies, enthusiastically educating, guiding and leading your colleagues
- Accountable for outcomes, with a strong sense of ownership
Central to this role is the ability for our candidate to understand, embrace and embed the ‘Ramsay Way’ culture into their practice and ensure alignment to projects and deliverables.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 8-10 years’ experience in IT, with 4 years’ experience specialising in Information Security, Risk Management or Audit
- Expert knowledge of practices and methods of IT strategy, enterprise architecture and security architecture
- Demonstrated ability to connect legal, regulatory and local organisational requirements with the organisation’s information security goals
- Strong understanding of operating systems, networking technologies, ISO, ITIL, COBIT, or NIST frameworks, and relevant compliance assessments
- Commitment to the achievement of excellent outcomes, with a strong sense of accountability
NICE TO HAVE
- Relevant Information Technology tertiary qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in management or similar
- Health care experience
- You understand how to get things done in a large, complex, matrixed, multi-site organisation
As a part of Ramsay Health Care’s ongoing response to the pandemic and commitment to the health and wellbeing of the community, successful applicants are required to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 (including the booster) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation prior to commencement.
CLOSING DATE: 23 May 2022 at COB
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend