Patient Administration Officer
Job no: 534111
Work type: Casual
Location: Westmead Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Patient Administration Officer
We are seeking highly organised, enthusiastic professionals with a passion for delivering outstanding customer service to join our Administration team.
Casual Positions available
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced and professional Administration Officers to join our Administration/Reception team in the casual pool on a rotating roster including late shifts and weekends.
Duties include providing a high level of professional customer service to patients, visitors and internal customers, responding to patient and doctor queries, and all administrative duties associated with patient preadmissions, admissions and discharges including health fund eligibility checks and estimations.
We are seeking highly organised, enthusiastic professionals with a passion for delivering outstanding customer service to join our Administration team. To be successful you will be a well presented individual who possesses highly developed communication skills, is flexible and excels in a multi-disciplined team environment.
Skills and Experience
- Strong Administrative/secretarial skills
- A strong customer service background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks within designated timeframes
- A good work ethic, initiative, punctuality, integrity and respect for others
- Fast, accurate typing and intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in a health services environment
- Certificate in medical terminology
- Experience in hospital database systems
- Previous Health Fund knowledge
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Westmead Private Hospital is a modern facility offering a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Located in western Sydney, Westmead Private has developed a strong focus in interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, urology and orthopaedics.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Katie Maher, Administration Manager on MaherKatie@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 25th May 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend