Job no: 534133
Work type: Full time
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital is seeking an administrative professional to take on a permanent full-time role in our hospital.
About the Role
As an Administration Assistant, you are responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to patients and their families. You will also assist the reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patients’ admission to discharge.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Admission scheduling processes to ensure appropriate bed management and utilisation
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls to the front desk.
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments.
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients.
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers and clinical notes.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service and enjoys being part of a busy environment. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of admissions and discharges is a key skill needed for this role. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, administrators and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring:
- Computer literacy including the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience either in a medical administration setting or a reception role will be ideal.
- Experience with Patient Management Systems, ideally Meditech, is highly desired, though not essential.
Why Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital?
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. The Hospital offers a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change in a significant area of growth.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Maxine Monro – Administration Manager: Email MonroM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Closing Date: 25th May 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend