We are seeking energetic Catering Assistants to join our vibrant team at Lake Macquarie Private Hospital.
This is a permanent part-time position, shifts will cover a 7-day rotating roster.
About the Role
Reporting to the Hotel Services Manager, you’ll be working within a fast paced team-focused environment, this role is primarily responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages and as well as basic food preparation.
Additional duties include maintaining cleanliness within work areas in line with required Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy whilst offering high standards of quality and outstanding service to customers and patients.
To succeed in this role you will be a positive and energetic team player with a passion for culinary preparation and service. Experience in a similar food service similar will be highly regarded, especially in a clinical setting; Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a supportive team and independently when required.
Ideally you will also bring;
- Previous experience in a hospital or hospital environment
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Ability to problem solve and maintain good working relations with others
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Lake Macquarie and the Hunter region offer wonderful life style's for families/singles wishing to relocate. The Hunter Valley, Port Stephens, Newcastle and Lake Macquarie are all at the door step.
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated just south of Newcastle CBD. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Robotics, Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Ward, Hotel Services Manager at WardJenny@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 26th May 2022 at 11.55pm