Nurse Unit Manager Scrub / Scout
Job no: 534402
Work type: Full time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Nurse Unit Manager – Scrub Scout
Full Time Opportunity
We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager – Scrub Scout to join the leadership team at North Shore Private Hospital.
About the Role
In this role you will be taking on the management of our Scrub Scout department, with support from a passionate team of clinical perioperative staff. You will be responsible for the provision of efficient and effective services whilst ensuring a harmonious working relationship with both nursing and medical teams to provide high-quality care to achieve optimal patient outcomes. This position is supported by Clinical Coordinators for all specialty areas as well as floor managers both morning and afternoon shifts.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset and will hold a passion for Perioperative Nursing and customer-focused service in line with Ramsay Health Care’s core values. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor while effectively managing the resources and needs of the unit.
You will also bring:
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- 5 years minimum relevant experience in scrub scout nursing
- Clinical leadership or management experience will be highly regarded.
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement program
- Relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications and/or management qualifications will be highly regarded.
North Shore Private Hospital is a 313-bed acute surgical and obstetric facility which performs most surgical specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, advanced general and colorectal, urology, spinal surgery, paediatrics and Robotic Surgery. Our hospital offers the latest in cardiac technology combined with first-class standards of accommodation. The theatre complex consists of 17 operating theatres which includes one hybrid theatre and a 25 bay PACU.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Christine James, Clinical Services Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 1 July 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend