Acting Scrub Scout Nurse Unit Manager
Job no: 535304
Work type: Full time temp
Location: Kareena Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Scrub/Scout Nurse Unit Manager
Temporary Full -Time Role
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced senior nursing professional to take on an exciting clinical management role in our Theatre department at Kareena Private Hospital. This is a role from June 2022 - February 2023
As Nurse Unit Manager, your role will encompass planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department to ensure exceptional patient outcomes.
Working in a key leadership position, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate outstanding relationship building skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders including other perioperative managers and the broader hospital community.
Key accountabilities will include the efficient management of staff (recruitment, rostering and performance) and mentoring of team members.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical leadership skill set in a hospital setting either as a Clinical/Nursing Manager in a similar department or as a senior nurse wanting to step into a management role. You will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to inspire, motivate and mentor your team. You will be a leader with a passion for seeing your team members succeed and grow while bringing a strong commitment to outstanding client care and service.
You will also demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications and registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse;
- Minimum five (5) years’ scrub/scout nursing environment;
- Proven knowledge as a senior nurse or manager in a similar nursing environment;
- Demonstrated extensive clinical skills and experience within theatre nursing including delivering high standards of clinical care for patients utilising specialist knowledge;
- Management or relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications (highly regarded);
- Experience to managing clinical staff recruitment, rostering and performance (desirable).
About the Organisation
Kareena Private Hospital is a modern 171 bed facility servicing the Sutherland Shire and surrounding areas. It is conveniently located directly opposite Sutherland Public Hospital and close to public transport. Kareena Private Hospital is an acute Medical/Surgical facility offering a comprehensive range of services including, Rehabilitation, an Intensive Care Unit, as well as Orthopaedics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Kareena Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care is a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Anita Burazer on BurazerA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend