Pharmacist - Pindara Private Hospital
Job no: 535452
Work type: Full time
Location: Pindara Private Hospital, Ramsay Pharmacy - QLD Regional
Join The Ramsay Family – Be Part of Something Bigger!
Ramsay Pharmacy is an integral part of Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest private health care provider and one of the largest in the world. Ramsay’s global presence extends across 10 countries, with facilities in over 532 locations, and employing over 86,000 people. The Ramsay network includes 61 community pharmacies and 37 private hospital dispensaries located within our 72 private hospitals and day surgeries in Australia.
Ramsay Pharmacy is a patient-centric, professional services-focused pharmacy model, in line with our People Caring for People ethos. We innovate – over a third of our community pharmacy network is supported by specialist Professional Care Pharmacists who provide ands-on clinical support to you and your team, in-person at the pharmacy. We support you – Ramsay Pharmacy has a highly accessible support office including an operational support team, pharmacy practice & learning team, systems support team, procurement team and marketing team. We care – patient care comes first over profit, as part of our Better Care promise. We value work-life balance and recognise that exceptional patient care can only be delivered by a team that feels appreciated and respected.
Advance Your Career!
Career progression is a core Ramsay value. Ramsay Pharmacy offers generous further education incentives and opportunities to progress to different roles across the Ramsay business, as well as employee benefits and discounts.
- Career pathways – We provide opportunities to advance to various roles within operational, support, hospital and clinical pathways.
- Education opportunities – University of Tasmania scholarships for Graduate Diploma of Clinical Pharmacy and Graduate Certificate of Clinical Pharmacy, and many more including Pharmaceutical Society of Australia courses!
- Employee benefits and discounts – Apple, Microsoft, gym memberships, health insurance and more!
The Opportunity – Make Your Mark!
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Pharmacist with excellent professional service skills to be part of our friendly, hospital dispensary at Ramsay Pharmacy Pindara Private Hospital in Benowa. This is a permanent full time position with a rotating roster which
include some weekend shifts.
Key Responsibilities and Attributes
- Dispensing and preparing medication requests
- Educating staff and counselling patients on best use of medications
- Conduct quality improvement audits as per NHMRC
- Supporting and providing direction to Pharmacy Technicians and Assistants as required.
- Commitment to patient focus and continuous quality improvement
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and time management skills
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent
- Current registration with APHRA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred but not essential, training will be provided
- Experience with dispensary and inventory control systems preferred
- Experience with working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good working knowledge of the PBS system
To apply, attach your CV addressing the requirements above, together with details of two work referees to the on-line link below. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to provide the results of a recent police check prior to commencing. Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, customers, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement including COVID-19.
Wendy Dare, Pharmacy Area Manager
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend