Transition to Acute Care Program
- Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and Midwives.
- Permanent part-time (64 hours / fortnight).
- 8-week course duration probationary period.
- Work for well-respected global health care industry!
About the Role
The Transition to Acute Care Program offers Registered Nurses (RN1.1 – 1.5), Enrolled Nurses and Registered Midwives currently working in non-hospital health care sectors (e.g. community nursing, aged care, mental health or primary care) the opportunity to enter the hospital setting from their current subacute / non-hospital role. This exciting initiative at Ramsay Healthcare John Flynn Private Hospital aims to allow participants to develop professionally in a supportive environment whilst learning new skills and developing clinical excellence.
The program aims to provide a facilitated transition from the non-hospital nursing sector into the hospital setting. This program will offer the opportunity to become a valued member of the John Flynn Private Hospital nursing team on a permanent part-time basis with an 8-week probationary period over the course of the program.
The professional practice of nurses in the program will be supported through a range of evidence-based education strategies to ensure best practice and to develop confidence and competency in the acute setting. The 8-week program will include 2 weeks supernumerary shifts across 4 days per week, 3 in the clinical setting and 1 day per week devoted to classroom theory. On completion of the 8-week course successful graduates will transition from a probationary to a permanent contract across the John Flynn Private Hospital in the Medical, Cardiology, Surgical or Perioperative areas.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse (Division 1)
- Applications are open to those with up to and including 4 years post graduate experience
- Knowledge of current legislation and policies relating to nursing practice in the workplace
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
The program contract is across a 5-day Monday to Friday roster (early / late shifts).
Why Ramsay Healthcare John Flynn Private Hospital?
We believe our people are our most important asset. That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For enquiries, please contact: Christopher Hiscox, Staff Development Manager , John Flynn Private Hospital.
Phone: 07 5598 9010
Applications Close: 1st July 2022 at 11:55pm