We are seeking a Specialist Orthopaedic Scrub Nurse to join our Theatre team at Caboolture Private Hospital.
Permanent Part-time or casual opportunity available, hours negotiable.
Caboolture Private Hospital’s three operating theatres are equipped with modern technology and sees a wide variety of procedures. Your role will focus on providing quality and customer-focused care in the area of Orthopaedics.
As a Scrub / Scout Registered Nurse, you will work as an integral member of our team and prepare the surgical environment to ensure safe surgical outcomes are achieved, in line with the core values and strategic direction of the department, Hospital and Ramsay Health Care.
Duties and responsibilities will involve, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring sterility is maintained at all times and instrument counts are conducted in line with department policy
- Assessing, planning, coordinating, and evaluating the care delivery needs of patients
- Monitoring the condition of patients during procedures and reporting changes to relevant manager and Anaesthetist / Surgeon / Physician; and
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster is critical for this role.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience recent experience scrubbing for major orthopaedic procedures. Your passion for providing quality care, ability to work within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment and your client-first attitude is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following:
- Registered with AHPRA as Registered Nurse
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a Registered Nurse
- Currently actively scrubbing for major orthopaedic procedures is essential for this role
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service
- Positive “can-do” attitude and ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
- Post graduate qualification relevant to area of speciality is desirable
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $37.04 - $47.76 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD RN/Midwife gr2-gr8) [FTE $73 193.41 - $94 380.08].
About the Organisation
Caboolture Private Hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, is a fully accredited surgical and medical hospital situated in the outer Northern reaches of Brisbane - at the southern end of the beautiful Sunshine Coast.
We offer 43 beds, 3 fully equipped operating theatres, a 12 chair Day Procedure Unit and a comfortable day oncology unit. The Hospital is collocated with Caboolture Public Hospital. We provide a supportive learning environment, offer a rewarding career whilst providing opportunities and development programs all within a semi-rural community environment. Caboolture Private Hospital provides exceptional health care services across a variety of specialties and is an ideal facility to continue the development of your career.
As an employee at Caboolture Private you will:
- Be supported by friendly and experienced senior health professionals
- Gain experience in an acute, specialist hospital
- Be encouraged to participate in further education
- Be welcomed and supported by your peers
- Employee Assistance program which provides access to confidential counselling
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Yvonne Hemingway on HemingwayY@ramsayhealth.comm.au
Applications Close: 30 June 2022 at 11:55pm