Job no: 535900
Work type: Part time
Location: Mitcham Private Hospital
This is a rare opportunity to join our enthusiastic and motivated Maternity Services team as experienced Registered Midwives! There are multiple Permanent Part-Time roles available.
- We consider our staff as our most valuable asset, as evidenced by our low staff turnover rate.
- Opportunity to work across all areas of midwifery in our newly renovated maternity ward!
- Minimal rostering onto night duty (only 2 weeks per year unless you request more).
About the Role
Our unit is dedicated to delivering a higher standard of support and care for mothers to be and their newborns. Our multidisciplinary team of experienced obstetricians, midwives, nursing staff, lactation consultants and allied health professionals’ work together to ensure a comfortable and confident experience – before, during and after pregnancy. Our maternity care also extends to an Early Parenting Centre and Perinatal Unit, with opportunities to work within these areas.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a trained Midwife. You will hold a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The flexibility to work rotating shifts including weekends and evenings will be key for this role.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Midwife.
- Dual Registration will be highly regarded
- 3 years’ experience or more as a Midwife with Birth Suite or Postnatal experience.
- The ability to speak a language other than English will be advantageous, but not essential.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Mitcham Private Hospital is a fully accredited, 124 bed acute medical, surgical, maternity and mental health facility, providing for the healthcare needs of Melbourne’s outer eastern communities.
Ramsay Health Care strives to cultivate a positive, supportive and inclusive culture.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Anne-Maree Laver via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend