Job no: 536054
Work type: Part time
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
Sunshine Coast Hospital Network (SCUPH, Noosa & Nambour) are seeking a positive and enthusiastic CSSD Assistant to join our CSSD team on a Permanent Part-Time basis (48 hours per fortnight).
About the Role
As a CSSD Assistant, you will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the CSSD team, which will include cleaning, assembling, inspecting, wrapping and sterilising surgical instruments and medical equipment for the Hospital's clinical departments.
Your role will also involve, but is not limited to:
- Working in conjunction with Operating Theatre staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and equipment where applicable
- Ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures, and risk management strategies are met at all times; and
- Handle sterilised items in a manner that protects the integrity and function of the product.
To succeed in this role, you be a positive individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Your exceptional communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment is essential for this position.
You will also bring:
- Previous experience in a hospital setting is desirable
- Completion of a Certificate III in Sterilisation Services or working towards is highly regarded
- A high attention to detail and accuracy
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team; and
- A demonstrated good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others and a commitment to upholding Ramsay’s core values.
- Valid open drivers’ licence
- Ability to lift, load and transport case carts to and from the vehicle
This position will mostly comprise of afternoon and evening shifts, therefore your flexibility during these times is required.
About Us - Joining the Sunshine Coast Ramsay HUB
Ramsay Health Care is well-respected in the health care industry for operating quality private hospitals and for its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. It is this exceptional reputation that attracts leading health care practitioners to work in Ramsay facilities.
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties.
Facilities include 6 state-of-the-art operating theatres, two cardiac catheter laboratories, a minor procedure room, a day surgery unit, an 8-bed intensive care unit and an 8-chair day oncology unit. Medical consulting suites are located onsite together with comprehensive pathology and radiology services. Other onsite facilities include a retail pharmacy and coffee shop.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Susan Fuller, CSSD Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 6 July 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend