Catering Services Assistant
We are looking for a Catering Services Assistant to join the team at Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital on the beautiful Sunshine Coast on a Casual basis.
About the Role
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital is seeking a positive and motivated Catering Assistant to join our fast-paced catering team. In the role, you will be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays, beverages, and basic food preparation of our delicious and healthy meals.
In the role you will be responsible for cleaning duties throughout the department, ensuring all meals are presented in appropriate proportions, of the correct temperature and according to the customer’s menu request whilst adhering to the relevant Infection Control policies and procedures. This role is physically demanding with long periods being mobile.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, including early morning and afternoon shifts, is critical for this role.
Conveniently located within 20 minutes of Caloundra, Maroochydore and Mooloolaba, and 30 minutes from leafy, family-friendly towns like Palmwoods, Landsborough and Montville, the Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital offers an easy point of access for medical and surgical treatment in a low traffic area and calm environment.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Previous hospitality experience highly regarded.
- Ability to adapt to different scenarios, patient requirements and be able to think outside the square, as no two days are the same.
- Prior experience working in a commercial kitchen/food preparation role within a hospital or aged care setting
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and effectively manage a high volumes of catering workflows
- Excellent work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity and respect of others
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Prior experience in a hospital setting
- Possession of a Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality
- Prior experience using the ChefMax food services management system
Why Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital?
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. The Hospital offers a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change in a significant area of growth.
We believe our people are our most important asset. That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care. With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care.
Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career. We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
Applications Close: 7th July 2022 at 11.55pm