Patient Care Assistant
Job no: 536245
Work type: Casual
Location: Attadale Rehabilitation Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Assistant
Patient Care Assistant
Attadale Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a customer focused and enthusiastic Patient Care Assistant to join our friendly team.
This is a Casual opportunity within the Rehabilitation team (4 hour shifts)
About the Role
Working as a Patient Care Assistant within our 39-bedded Rehabilitation Hospital, you will be responsible for assisting health care and support teams, including Registered and Enrolled Nurses, in the provision and care for patients. All duties and responsibilities will be outworked within limitations specified educational and qualification standards, Hospital polices and guidelines.
This will involve, but is not limited to;
- Participating in Patient Care rounds to ensure patients have everything within their reach and their needs are addressed;
- Observing and promptly reporting changes in patients issues or patient needs and enquiries to the Registered Nurse; and
- Caring for patients whilst ensuring the maintenance of their security, modesty and self-esteem.
To be successful in this role, you will be a customer focused individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment. Your passion for providing quality services and ability to work effectively with a professional team to maintain Ramsay’s standard of care is essential.
You will also bring;
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance OR Certificate III in Care Support Services OR Certificate III in Aged Care OR currently completing a relevant Undergraduate Degree;
- Completion of a recognised Patient Care Assistant training program or equivalent;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required;
- Effective interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills; and
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively and according to directions.
Candidates with a Certificate IV qualification in Health Services, or currently completing their 2nd or 3rd year as a nursing student, with experience in an acute hospital setting will be highly regarded.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Attadale Rehabilitation Hospital is located in the Southern Perth suburb of Attadale and just metres from the Swan River. The hospital has 39 rehabilitation beds and has established an excellent reputation in the community for their high commitment to patient care, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
All new employees
- must be up to date in their vaccination against COVID-19 (including the third dose, as required) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisations against infectious disease.
For enquiries, please contact: Jennifer Shone, Clinical Nurse Manager
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend