Job no: 536632
Work type: Casual
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
We are seeking an energetic Catering Assistant to join our vibrant team at Southern Highlands Private Hospital.
This is casual position, shifts will cover a 7-day rotating roster
About the Role
Reporting to the Hotel Services Manager, you’ll be working within a fast paced team-focused environment, this role is primarily responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages and as well as basic food preparation.
Additional duties include maintaining cleanliness within work areas in line with required Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy whilst offering high standards of quality and outstanding service to customers and patients.
To succeed in this role you will be a positive and energetic team player with a passion for culinary preparation and service. Experience in a similar food service similar will be highly regarded, especially in a clinical setting; Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a supportive team and independently when required.
Ideally you will also bring;
- Previous experience in a hospital or hospital environment
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Ability to problem solve and maintain good working relations with others
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 71 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room, a Day Surgery Unit and a Day Oncology Unit. The hospital is located in Bowral, adjacent to the public hospital.
Southern Highlands Private Hospital prides itself on the expertise of our doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, and support staff, as well as the high quality of our services. The Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to patient care and customer service, staff satisfaction, and quality improvement.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Jessica Nyathi, Hotel Services Manager via NyathiJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 18th August 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend