Nurse Unit Manager
Job no: 537081
Work type: Full time
Location: Waverley Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Nurse Unit Manager
Surgical/Medical Ward at Waverley Private Hospital
This is a permanent Full-Time leadership opportunity!
About the Role
In this role you will be joining our 30 beds general and predominantly surgical ward. Made up of Urology, Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, ENT, Plastics, Vascular, Breast & Endocrine and Pain Management. Well established supportive team with excellent patient outcomes. Come join our progressive, friendly and fun team at Waverley Private.
You will work closely with the Hospital Executive Team to shape organisational strategy, improve procedural service provision and achieve departmental and Hospital business objectives. You will work with and support other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements. Duties include planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services to ensure ongoing continuous improvement resulting in optimal patient outcomes.
- Current nursing registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Extensive current clinical experience in surgical environment (minimum 5 years).
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate, inspire and support a clinical team.
- Demonstrated knowledge in initiating and implementing changes to improve clinical service delivery outcomes, models of care and evidence based practice.
- Evidence of and commitment to patient/customer focused care, clinical governance and quality improvement.
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
Will be based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Waverley Private Hospital is a 98 bed acute/surgical facility located in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Waverley Private Hospital has been an active contributor to the healthcare needs of the local communities of Eastern and South Eastern Melbourne since 1972. We pride ourselves on providing excellent standards of healthcare in a friendly and caring environment.
Benefits of employment with us include;
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Sue Pottenger on PottengerS@ramsayhealth.com.au or (03) 9881 7774
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend