Clinical Nurse Scrub Scout
Job no: 537589
Work type: Full time
Location: Ramsay Surgical Centre Cairns
Categories: Nursing - Registered, Other
Clinical Nurse General Scrub Scout
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse to join Cairns Day Surgery in the beautiful Far North Queensland on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced and patient-focused Clinical Nurse to join our Day Surgery Scrub Scout Team!
This direct leadership role will see you leading and supporting our front-line team members whilst working alongside a passionate multidisciplinary team. Your day-to-day operations will include problem solving, fostering a positive and supportive culture and providing dedicated and specialised advice to team members. In addition, you will perform accurate and comprehensive patient assessment to address short and long-term needs.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a perioperative hospital setting with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will also demonstrate:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 5 years experience in an acute perioperative environment as a scrub scout
- IVF, Urodynamic and Urology experience will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Post-graduate qualifications in Perioperative Nursing specialties will be highly regarded, though not essential.
The flexibility to handle a rotating roster with weekend and evening shifts will be key for this role.
Clinical Nurse: $48.38 - $52.01 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4) [FTE $95,598.88 - $102,775.32]
Cairns is a thriving tourist town with opportunities for numerous leisure pursuits in close proximity. There is a lively night scene with access to live theatre, concerts and the arts. The lifestyle is casual, built around the outdoors. Both JCU and CQU Universities have a campus in the city and there is access to numerous high-quality public and private schools. Beachside or inner-city living are both available options. Wherever you choose to live, the drive to work will be short and scenic.
About the Organisation
Cairns Day Surgery offers you a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for a wide range of surgical procedures that do not require overnight stay in hospital. The concept of day surgery is based upon minimising the disruption to our patient’s normal life. While our atmosphere is relaxed, our equipment and facilities are at the forefront of medical technology and practice.
Cairns Day Surgery is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Carla Norton on NortonC@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend