Physiotherapists- Listen up!
Enjoy the palm tree fringed beaches - just like the Maldives except we have the added bonus of the occasional croc and seasonal box jellyfish! We have tropical cyclones and the ‘wet season’, in which more rain appears in one afternoon than a week in the UK… great for kayaking to work!
Come and enjoy the balmy nights of summer which, coming from the northern hemisphere like myself, feels balmy all year round! Who needs to travel when this is all on your doorstep?
About the role
Cairns Private Hospital is a 150-bed hospital comprising of acute orthopaedic, medical, maternity, surgical and rehabilitation services. In addition to allied health providing services to these areas, we also have a growing outpatient, day rehabilitation programs and community service. Depending on the successful candidate’s experience, the role will most likely be 4-6 monthly rotational across a variety of all areas. Our allied health team is growing rapidly with over 35 members – that equals lots of Birthday cake! Our team consists of individuals from all four corners of the globe, bringing a multicultural melting pot of ideas, professional development opportunities, thought-provoking discussions, various accents and the opportunity to put together a winning trivia team with ease! The hospital is located only 150m from the picturesque Cairns Esplanade (plenty of options to walk off all that Birthday cake!). You can also look forward to a café onsite selling great coffee, a Christmas party that consists of a day trip to the Reef plus so much more.
To thrive in this role you will have a thirst for learning; for thinking on your feet, for being a team player and most importantly, have a passion for providing high quality care.
- A bachelor or postgraduate degree in Physiotherapy with current AHPRA registration.
- Acute hospital experience
Non-essential but looked upon favourably
- Experience within neuro-rehabilitation field
- The ability to bake at least one cake per calendar year for your teammates!
About the Organisation
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeon’s to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Sarah Mellan, on MellanS@ramsayhealth.com.au