Infection Control Coordinator
Permanent Part Time opportunity (16 hrs per f/n)
We are seeking an experienced, positive, and enthusiastic Infection Control Coordinator to join our team at Nowra Private Hospital. The position reports directly to the Nowra Private Hospital Director of Clinical Services.
About the Role
As the Coordinator, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating an effective infection prevention and control program at Nowra hospital by leading the standardisation of services and promotion of best practice.
You will also provide direct and indirect support and leadership for all infection control staff across the network as well as clinical and non-clinical departments related to the prevention and management of risk associated with infection control, whilst providing guidance to the hospital executives, and other key stakeholders, in all areas related to the prevention and management of infection.
Key Accountabilities include:
Provide input to the infection prevention and control strategic planning, policy development, surveillance (including National surveillance), auditing program (including Hand Hygiene), outbreak management, and redevelopment project involvement.
To succeed in this role, you will possess a high level of clinical expertise and an understanding of measurement and monitoring for safety and quality, with a proven ability to analyse and use data for system improvement. You will also have a proven ability to consult and collaborate with multiple teams whilst delivering organisational outcomes.
You will also bring:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- At least Five (5) years post-graduate experience in an area of specialty
- Demonstrated ability to act as a positive role model
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- High level of verbal and written communication skills including demonstrate ability to provide formal education and discussion within peer groups
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Post Graduate Qualification or working towards in Quality, Infection Control practices.
- Previous experience in infection prevention activities,
- Hand Hygiene Gold Standard Auditor Certificate
- Member of the Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control or equivalent
- Nurse Immuniser Certificate / qualifications
- Experience in facilitating change and/or adopting new concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge / experience in National Clinical Indicators and other quality projects.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Nowra Hospital has been providing quality health care services to the Shoalhaven region and south coast of New South Wales since being commissioned in 1980. Our 62-bed facility provides acute surgical and medical services, rehabilitation, and day surgery services. We are located 130km south of Sydney and 10km from the beaches for which the south coast is renowned.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Suzie Treacy, DCS on E: TreacyS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 8th August 2022 – 11.55pm