Orthopaedics Ward at Cairns Private Hospital
Permanent Full Time and Part Time opportunities available for dedicated and passionate Registered Nurses to join our team!
About the Role
This opportunity will see you working with a dedicated and dynamic team in our 28-bed Orthopaedic Unit, specialising in elective joint replacement and traumatic fractures. You will contribute to the high standard of care and professionalism which our tight-knit department is renowned for. You will be responsible for assessing planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of each individual patient.
Cairns Orthopedic Ward provides surgery for joints, upper limb and spinal for the right candidate we can support Novice Practitioner, Overseas sponsorship and staff with a background in Surgical/Orthopedic Nursing.
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, you will be supported our Senior Clinicians and colleagues to ensure the best possible care is provided to our patients.
To succeed in this role, you may have previous exposure to working in an Orthopaedic setting. You will demonstrate key attributes such as honesty, integrity and ethics within the workplace and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Your effective communication skills will assist in providing exceptional customer service and ensuring strong positive and respectful relationships are maintained.
You will also bring:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum two (2) years post graduate relevant experience in a acute hospital setting
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to participate in further education
- Joint and hip replacement experience would be highly desirable
- Spinal fusion experience would be highly desirable
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $37.04 - $47.76 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD RN/Midwife gr2-gr8) [FTE $73 193.41 - $94 380.08]
Why Cairns Private Hospital
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeons to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Our benefits include:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Jason Mook via email on MookJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 29th August 2022 at 11:55pm