We are seeking CSSD Technicians to join our supportive team at Wollongong Private Hospital. There are Permanent Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual opportunities available.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for carrying out the cleaning, assembly, inspection, wrapping and sterilisation of surgical instruments and medical equipment for Wollongong Private Hospital’s Clinical departments and external customers.
This will include working in conjunction with the Operating Theatre staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and equipment where applicable. This is a critical part of the surgical process and the ability to work efficiently with your team to manage pressing deadlines is crucial.
You will ensure consistency and continuous workflow between the various Operating Theatre areas and CSD whilst practising exceptional customer service and maintaining the high operational standards of the sterilisation department.
In this role you will report to the CSSD Manager and work closely with an efficient professional team.
To succeed in this role, you will bring proven experience in Clinical Sterilisation services, ideally within a hospital setting. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will also bring;
- CSSD experience or other relevant experience.
- Certificate III in Sterilisation
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team
The 151-bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital provides all major services including an intensive care unit, 9 operating theatres, vascular laboratory, and a 4 theatre day surgery unit including a cardiac catheter laboratory. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Surgical specialties include orthopaedics, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic, robotic surgery, ophthalmology, ENT, bariatric, head and neck, neuro, gynaecological, urology, colorectal, upper GI, general, vascular and plastics.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work hours
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts including private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Dani Paulissen at PaulissenD@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Applications Close: 14th August 2022, 11.55pm