Job no: 538049
Work type: Casual
Location: Masada Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Grade 2 or Grade 1 with hospital or community experience working with neurological clients and adult populations.
- Casual opportunity - flexible work hours!
- Opportunity for additional hours and permanent contract with increasing inpatient demand and outpatient service growth.
- Employee benefits, rewards & recognition programs!
Masada Private Hospital is seeking a Speech Pathologist to join their growing Allied Health Team!
About the Role
We are looking for suitably qualified Speech Pathologists interested in doing flexible sessional work with an adult, predominantly neurological, caseload to support the current service during periods of staff leave and high service demands. This will involve, but is not limited to assessing, diagnosing and managing adults who present a wide range of swallowing and communication disorders.
You will be joining a team of passionate professionals driven to provide care to each individual patient to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will thrive when working within a multidisciplinary team and be committed to upholding and promoting the Ramsay Way core values. Your exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and your ability to manage a busy workload is essential for this role.
Successful candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience
- Relevant experience in managing communication and swallowing disorders in neurological patients within a team environment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Well-developed interpersonal and IT skills
About the Organisation
Masada Private Hospital is a fully accredited 105 bed acute medical, surgical facility with specialised dermatology, early parenting and rehabilitation services located in central Melbourne. Our philosophy is to provide a range of services which are appropriate to the needs of the community.
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with Ramsay at Masada include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Flexible shift times to ensure we can support each employee’s unique work-life balance
- Access to affordable coffee and meals at our onsite cafe
- Free Parking
- Work alongside an experienced and committed team of professionals
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For enquiries, please contact:
Nikki Phillips, Allied Health Manager
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend