- Be part of our exceptional Intern Training Program for 2023
- Clinical support and structured professional and personal development program
- Join Australia’s largest private health care provider
Our 2023 Intern pharmacist program is now open for full time roles across our QLD, NSW and Victorian hospital dispensaries and community pharmacies.
A hospital based community pharmacy services both the hospital patients and community including professional services, specialist medication supply and after hours hospital patients. This is a rare opportunity for you to gain career-shaping experience in both hospital and community pharmacy simultaneously, and be part of a tight-knit team who are highly focused on patient outcomes and safety.
Join The Ramsay Family – Be Part of Something Bigger!
Ramsay Pharmacy is an integral part of Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest private health care provider and one of the largest in the world. Ramsay’s global presence extends across 10 countries, with facilities in over 532 locations, and employing over 86,000 people. The Ramsay network includes 61 community pharmacies and 40 private hospital dispensaries located within our 72 private hospitals and day surgeries in Australia.
Ramsay Pharmacy is a patient-centric, professional services-focused pharmacy model, in line with our People Caring for People ethos. We innovate – over a third of our community pharmacy network is supported by specialist Professional Care Pharmacists who provide hands-on clinical support to you and your team, in-person at the pharmacy. We support you – Ramsay Pharmacy has a highly accessible support office including an operational support team, pharmacy practice & learning team, systems support team, procurement team and marketing team. We care – patient care comes first over profit, as part of our Better Care promise. We value work-life balance and recognise that exceptional patient care can only be delivered by a team that feels appreciated and respected.
What is the Ramsay Intern Program?
You will experience learning and training in a broad range of specialities and settings, ensuring your clinical and professional skills meet and exceed industry standards. We offer the support, empowerment and tools necessary to excel in your clinical career. Our team works with you every step of the way to ensure you’re learning, growing and achieving your career aspirations.
This program will run alongside your external ITP during your intern year and set you up for success with the potential to fast track your career with continued employment in your first year as a registered pharmacist.
Other benefits to our program include:
- A wide variety of available programs and specialisations
- A large and diverse support team dedicated to your learning
- A structured program to fully prepare you for your career as a pharmacist
- Opportunity to provide continuing employment
- Access to Ramsay Health Care scholarships if eligible
- Transfers to other Ramsay community retail and hospital dispensaries to experience variety in specialisations and locations
- Access to our employee benefit program
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Ramsay also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – including paid study leave
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Growth Series Education
To help you grow and adjust to life as a clinical practitioner, we’ve designed a series of structured development days known as the Growth Series.
Offered in addition to the great experience and support you’ll receive as part of the Intern Program, our Growth Series help to ensure that all Ramsay Health Care Graduates, regardless of their designation or discipline, are receiving standardised, relevant education that focuses on patient safety and the Ramsay Way values.
Developed in partnership with our experienced staff, national clinical governance, legal, national safety, national education committee, local educators and state managers, the series ensures that training is consistent, no matter where you’re working or what your specialisation is.
Across four days, you’ll learn four key lessons for starting a career in healthcare:
- It starts with you: Learn how and why humans make errors, how you can avoid them in the healthcare setting.
- People caring for people: Learn about the particular safety nets in our workplace, designed to reduce the risk of harm or injury.
- Proceed with caution: Review situations that may be high risk, how to prepare for them and protect yourself and others. These situations may involve breaches of privacy, use of social media, professional standards even with innocent breaches in codes of conduct.
- Career crossroads: Look at ongoing professional development, now and into the future. Discuss career pathways and opportunities to ensure continued growth.
- As an Intern Pharmacist with Ramsay, you’ll receive support from a wide range of sources, including:
- Ramsay Health Care Graduate and Intern Fellowship Program coordinator
- Tutorials each week with our Intern team
- Workbooks, manuals and quizzes
- Exam preparation skills including practice exams with our own AHPRA examiner
- State specific clinical pharmacist educators
- Senior staff support
- Pharmacist Preceptor and multiple pharmacist supervisors
Advance Your Career!
Career progression is a core Ramsay value. Ramsay Pharmacy offers generous further education incentives and opportunities to progress to different roles across the Ramsay business, as well as employee benefits and discounts.
- Career pathways – We provide opportunities to advance to various roles within operational, support, hospital and clinical pathways.
- Education opportunities – University of Tasmania scholarships for Graduate Diploma of Clinical Pharmacy and Graduate Certificate of Clinical Pharmacy, and many more including Pharmaceutical Society of Australia courses!
- Employee benefits and discounts – Apple, Microsoft, gym memberships, health insurance and more!
To be considered, you must have:
- Successfully graduated from a Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Be provisionally registered with AHPRA by early 2023
- Be able to undertake a minimum of 12 months full-time employment
- The ability to make sound decisions and accept responsibility for own practice
- Knowledge of legislative requirements of relevant professional practice
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development
- Be willing to embrace the values of The Ramsay Way
To apply for this opportunity, submit your formal application together with contact details of two professional referees via the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to provide the results of a recent police check prior to commencing. Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, customers, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement including COVID-19.
Pharmacy Practice & Learning Manager