Job no: 538417
Work type: Casual, Part time
Location: St Andrew's Ipswich Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Permanent Part Time and Casual positions available.
About the Role
As the Administration Clerk, you will be responsible for all administrative duties within the Emergency Department and undertake all identified tasks and duties as part of a team that works collaboratively and cooperatively, sharing roles and responsibilities to meet the needs of the customer. All successful candidates will also need to have the availability to cover extra shifts when required across our 24/7 roster.
This will include, but is not limited to:
- Providing comprehensive customer focused service to all aspects of the Emergency Department,
- Ensuring Reception and waiting areas are maintained to a high standard of presentation,
- Attend to the telephones in a timely, proficient and friendly manner and be able to determine who the appropriate recipient of calls will be,
- Attending to the Reception desk, directing visitors and providing timely and accurate information in response to queries by patients and visitors,
- Accurately admitting and discharging patients in accordance with hospital/department policies and procedures,
- Processing of Medical bills for services.
- Must be available to work weekends and afternoon shifts predominantly.
To be successful in this role, you will act as a positive role model while demonstrating an ability to foster a culture that is positive, friendly, cooperative and forward thinking. Your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will assist in your ability to work effectively in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with all staff and customers.
You will also bring;
- Previous health services experience working in a doctors, specialists or hospital environment will be highly regarded
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to complete tasks within designated timeframes
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong computer skills with a clear understanding of MS Office suite
- Experience in medical billing
- Experience with health funds and contract interpretations
- Flexibility to cover 24/7 rostering
- Certificate in Medical Terminology,
- Experience in hospital mainframes systems.
About the Hospital
St Andrew’s Ipswich Private Hospital is a 178-bed hospital and is revolutionising private health care in the Ipswich and West Moreton region. We’ve been growing and expanding our clinical capabilities having recently opened the region’s first private emergency department along with a new intensive care unit which supports the emergency department. An additional 81 new private patient rooms and new operating theatres and sterilising department have also been added to our hospital.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Trudy Anderson on AndersonTr@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 18 August 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend