Job no: 538644
Work type: Full time
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Physiotherapist to join our Allied Health Department at Southern Highlands Private Hospital.
About the Role
Southern Highlands Private Hospital offers a specialised rehabilitation program for day or overnight patients in orthopaedics, musculoskeletal, neurological and reconditioning rehabilitation. Our unit includes a well-equipped gymnasium and hydrotherapy pool.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and highly experienced Senior Physiotherapist to join our Multidisciplinary Allied Health team in providing Inpatient General Physiotherapy services and Outpatient Musculoskeletal services at Southern Highlands Private Hospital on a full time basis with availability to cover a 7- day rotating roster. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a comprehensive Physiotherapy service in an exciting period of growth.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing a high standard of patients’ assessment, treatment and coordination of services to patients, to facilitate safe, effective, patient centered care.
- Planning, development, quality and evaluation of evidence based physiotherapy services across Southern Highlands Private Hospital.
- Development, implementation and re-evaluation of protocols, practices and patient care within the scope of practice and in line with the hospital strategic directions.
- Leading and participating in the development of a collaborative multidisciplinary team approach to achieve optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Actively challenging traditional models of care, and developing the scope of physiotherapy practice, with the aim of delivering effective clinical outcomes in the most efficient manner.
- Leading evaluation of the service provided and implementing adaptations and improvements in consultation with Allied Health Manager and Designated Senior Physiotherapy Staff Member(s) as required.
- Providing clinical leadership and expertise, ensuring the Physiotherapy workload within the team is coordinated, prioritized and fairly distributed across the team and maximizes operational effectiveness.
- Assuming responsibility for relevant administrative portfolios as directed by the Allied Health Manager and Designated Senior Physiotherapy Staff Member(s) as required.
- Providing regular high quality clinical supervision to junior physiotherapists, and Allied Health Assistants as allocated.
- Providing clinical education and supervision for Physiotherapy and other health professional within the hospital.
- In consultation with the Allied Health Manager, support the recruitment and management of Physiotherapy staff and defined resources, in accordance with the organization strategic directions, operational plans and professional practice to ensure quality and activity targets are met.
To be successful you will have a strong customer focus and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
The ability to be flexible with shifts including regular weekends, is essential.
You will also bring;
- Current Registration with AHPRA as a Physiotherapist
- Previous experience in an acute hospital setting
- A minimum of 3-5 years post graduate experience in a hospital setting
- Experience in musculoskeletal therapy services
- Ability to effectively plan, implement and evaluate physiotherapy treatment programs
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage case load demands
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment & independently as required
- Commitment to professional development and maintenance of current evidence based practice
- Knowledge of quality/continuous improvement process
Southern Highlands Private Hospital is a modern 74 bed facility built in 1996. Located in Bowral in the picturesque and peaceful Southern Highlands of NSW. We are 1 ½ hours from Sydney, 1 ¾ hours from Canberra and 55 minutes from the South Coast.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Ashleigh Burns on email: BurnsAshleigh@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 6 October 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend