Clinical Support Nurse
Job no: 538841
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Warringal Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Clinical Support Nurse - Education Scrub Scout
Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time Opportunities Available!
About the Role
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced preceptor to join our Theatre Staff Development Team. This role would be ideal for a Registered Nurse wishing to pursue a career in Education.
You will be responsible for the clinical support for undergraduates, graduates, and junior staff wanting to transition to new specialties. The role consists of mentoring various skill levels and providing ‘hands on’ teaching of clinical skills.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- A minimum of 3 years current across a variety of acute nursing settings
- Clinical proficiency in Theatre scrub/ scout nursing skills
- Previous preceptorship / clinical teaching experience at the undergraduate level and above
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong commitment to the development of others, and to facilitating positive learning experiences
- A clear understanding and appreciation of “safe practice”
- Basic Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- A high degree of flexibility with shifts to accommodate student needs
- Completion of all eLearning and mandatory education requirements
Desirable (but not essential):
- Emergency/PACU experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 (or currently completing) or a recognised Skill Set Qualification
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Warringal Private Hospital has an established national and international reputation as a leading healthcare provider, achieving recognition in many specialties throughout the years, and leading medical tourism from all over the world. Specialising in Cardiology, Cardiothoracics, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, Pain Management and Oncology, the hospital provides a comprehensive range of medical and surgical services, Warringal Private Hospital provides the highest standard in all areas of health care.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For enquiries, please contact:
Mirriam Muganiwa, Peri-op Services Manager
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend