Job no: 538929
Work type: Full time
Location: Warringal Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
Full Time opportunity
Victorian Day Procedure Centre (VDPC) is seeking an experienced Theatre Technician to join our perioperative team.
About the Role
In this role you will work as a member of the perioperative team by supporting theatre personnel to prepare the operating theatre environment for procedures, including the positioning of the patient, whilst respecting and ensuring patient safety and dignity is maintained at all times in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures and legislative regulations.
In this role you will report to the Nurse Unit Manager.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service who enjoys being part of a busy ward. You will bring experience in technical clinical support within acute care. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a diverse team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring:
- 1 year minimum Tech experience within an operating theatre will be essential
- Certificate IV in Operating Theatre Technician Practice/Health Services Assistant or equivalent essential.
Warringal Private Hospital has an established national and international reputation as a leading healthcare provider, achieving recognition in many specialties throughout the years, and leading medical tourism from all over the world. Specialising in Cardiology, Cardiothoracics, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, Pain Management and Oncology, the hospital provides a comprehensive range of medical and surgical services, Warringal Private Hospital provides the highest standard in all areas of health care.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Benefits of working with Ramsay include:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Flexible work practices to ensure we can support each employee’s unique work-life balance
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 by a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Tracy Smarrelli at SmarrelliT@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 30 August 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend