Community (NDIS) and Hospital based work
Permanent Part Time and Full Time Opportunities
- Enjoy working with people with disabilities?
- Dream of having a dedicated staff member to manage all your NDIS bookings and billing?
- Like managing a varied clinical caseload?
- Love working in a team?
- Excited to have clinical support and help navigating NDIS processes?
About the Role
Ramsay Health Plus, located at Mt Wilga Private Hospital is an NDIS registered provider. We deliver therapeutic supports to NDIS participants that include Occupational Therapy, Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Psychology, Dietetics and Social Work.
Due to significant uptake of our NDIS services, an exciting opportunity exists for an Occupational Therapist to join our NDIS team. This position involves working on-site and in the community/home to deliver Occupational Therapy assessment and therapy interventions.
In addition to the completion of functional assessments, our NDIS OT’s are also responsible for the completion of Assistive Technology (AT), Minor Home Modifications (MHM), Supported Independent Living (SIL), and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) assessments and reports.
These roles also have the opportunity to work in other areas of the hospital such as Day Program, Inpatient Rehabilitation and Neurological rehabilitation, based on case load availability.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Current unrestricted Drivers Licence
- Completion of online ‘NDIS Worker Orientation Module’ (or willingness to complete)
- Current ‘NDIS Worker Screening Check’ (or willingness to obtain)
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- A Flexible and positive approach to work
- Excellent problem solving skills
- High standard of customer service
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to professional development and maintenance of current evidence based practice
NDIS experience is desirable, but not necessary – on-site NDIS training and support will be provided. Flexible employment options available.
Mt Wilga Private Hospital is a 119 bed specialist rehabilitation facility, with a busy day therapy unit and outpatient’s department situated in Hornsby, a peaceful area of Sydney’s Upper North Shore. Part of the Ramsay Health Care Group, Mt Wilga boasts an excellent clinical reputation as a leader in private rehabilitation, with large modern treatment areas, two hydrotherapy pools, and fully equipped gymnasiums. Mt Wilga offers comprehensive rehabilitation programs for patients presenting with a wide variety of conditions including Orthopaedic, Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Back and pain management, Cardiac, Amputee, Reconditioning, and Lymphoedema. Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with Ramsay include:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a Cover Letter, CV and 2 current work-related references.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role Ramsay may require a Working with Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Jennifer King at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5 October 2022 at 11.55pm