Health Information Services Team Leader
Job no: 554780
Work type: Part time
Location: North West Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
Health Information Services Team Leader
North West Private Hospital
Take your skills to the next level as part of the Ramsay Team! A key leadership opportunity in a permanent part-time role!
About the Role
The Health Information Services Department is seeking an energetic, committed Team Leader with a strong teamwork focus and exceptional customer service skills to assist in the day to day coordination of the Health Information Services Department activities. To be successful you will be dynamic, flexible and motivated to excel in team management. This role will require you to lead a small team to ensure departmental tasks are achieved in an effective and efficient manner.
This role will see you reporting to The Health Information Manager
- Oversee functions and requirements of Health information services area playing a key role in providing first point support to team.
- Seek, locate and obtain medical records as requested (i.e. for patients coming in, current inpatients, quality purposes and clinical needs)
- Answer and action queries from internal and external customers in a polite, timely and efficient manner
- Assess quantities and order medical record forms
- Prepping charts for the theatre list
- Pickup and delivery of medical records to the wards and to the relevant areas in the hospital
- Actioning requests for information in an efficient and timely manner adhering to policy guidelines
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and privacy in relation to information and in accordance with privacy principles, policies and procedures
- Accurately track medical records in and out of the department if required
- Perform ‘culling’ and archiving of medical records in a timely and methodical manner
- File medical records and correspondence in a timely manner
- Perform and assist with quality improvement activities of the department
- Comply with relevant department policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as directed by Manager
- Experience working in a medical records department and a strong background in administration
- Experience in supervising and rostering staff
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver results with strict timeframes
- Exceptional customer service skills and commitment to meet both internal and external customer expectations and requirements
- Effective communication skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy with demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and the ability to plan and coordinate workflow
- Previous medical records experience
- Certificate of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of relevant software (ie Meditech, e-Pas etc)
North West Private Hospital is a fully accredited surgical, obstetric and medical hospital situated 15 minutes North West of the Brisbane CBD in the leafy suburb of Everton Park. It is an acute care hospital committed to providing the highest standards of specialised services, skilled personnel and sophisticated technologies.
The hospital is licensed for 150 beds and has recently undergone a $55 million upgrade that has included the incorporation of additional beds, two additional operating theatres with advanced Stryker equipment, additional four oncology chairs, a multi deck car parking building (with free parking) and a new separate specialist consulting suite building on site.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Free on-site car parking
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to permanent employees Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance
- Study leave
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave – ask to find out more specific details
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Lakshmi Devineni, on email@example.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend