Job no: 557893
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Ramsay Psychology Charlestown
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Newly created permanent role with rapidly evolving group
Diverse role working directly with clients, delivering clinical supervision & clinical governance initiatives
Help build a supportive and accountable clinical culture
Attractive remuneration package and opportunity to grow your career across our national network
People know and trust the Ramsay name because we have provided mental health services across Australia since 1962. Ramsay Psychology is our "out of hospital" non acute psychology service and after experiencing significant growth over the last few years, we are ready to appoint a clinical leader for our Charlestown clinic, Newcastle. We are Australia's fastest growing community based psychology service where you will have the opportunity to take on new challenges and responsibilities, learn new skills and innovate, to support our growth trajectory.
Working from our purpose-built clinics, a part of your role will be maintaining a case load of clients based on your own clinical interests. You will also play a role in developing and maintaining clinical quality at the sites through the provision of excellent clinical supervision to a growing team of General and Clinical Psychologists (local and interstate) as well as supporting the group with various clinical governance projects.
Key Points About the Role
- Provide clinical leadership including mentoring the team of General and Clinical Psychologists
- Deliver a clinical case load at one or more clinics
- Work as a key member of our growing national clinical leadership team, contributing to the growth of the clinics
- Develop the suite of services and evidence-based models of care
- Provide advice to leadership team regarding clinical quality, safety and standards of care.
- Provide impromptu supervision and escalation pathways for complex cases
- Provide 1:1 and small group supervision sessions (face to face or zoom) to Psychologists across the country
- Assist the Director of Clinical Quality in delivering the Clinical Governance Framework including in working towards accreditation in the new standards for Primary and Community Health Care.
Why Ramsay Psychology?
- Develop a large breadth of new skills
- Opportunity to have a direct impact by working with a leadership team that encourages innovation and collaboration
- Be an early member of a growing national team of clinical leaders with Australia’s largest private psychology group
- Enjoy diversity in your work, a lovely clinic environment, and comprehensive administration support
- Opportunity to apply your experience in helping other clinicians reach their goals
- Easy handover/escalation due to Ramsay’s affiliated Mental Health Facilities
- Ability to develop rapport and trust with Psychology Contractors who work independently
- Demonstrated ability to act as Clinical Consultant to Psychologists
- A Team player who works collaboratively with the Practice Management team and wider leadership team
- A strategic thinker who contributes to continuous improvement, helps identify issues and solutions that will benefit current and future Ramsay Psychology clinics
- A self directed individual capable of taking ownership and responsibility of projects and initiatives
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of five years of direct clinical experience
- Registered with the Psychologists’ Board of Australia. Endorsed as a Clinical Psychologist highly regarded.
- Masters (or professional doctorate) Degree in Psychology (Clinical highly regarded)
- Completion (or undertaking) of Psychology Board approved supervisor training program with experience as a Clinical Supervisor
- Experience leading a team of Registered and or Clinical Psychologists highly regarded
- Experience in the development and/or implementation of policies, programs, initiatives or research to advance and support safe and high quality clinical care is highly regarded.
- Clinical experience in diverse clinical environments is highly regarded.
Apply today by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. If you would like to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, please call Peter Frederiksen on 0477 995 717.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend