Patient Administration Officer
Job no: 557961
Work type: Casual
Location: Westmead Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Patient Administration Officers
Westmead Private Hospital, Westmead
- Multiple casual roles: enjoy flexible hours for a balance work-life balance!
- Embrace our hospitals “open door” policy means you always have access to your manager
- Access a diverse array of employee benefits and programs immediately.
About the Role
We have an exciting opening for experienced and professional Administration Officers to join our Administration/Reception team on a rotating roster.
- Responsibilities include delivering a superior level of customer service to patients, visitors and internal clients.
- This role also involves addressing patient and doctor inquiries, along with handling all administrative tasks related to patient preadmissions, admissions and discharges including health fund eligibility checks and estimations.
To be successful you will be a well presented individual who possesses highly developed communication skills, is flexible and excels in a multi-disciplined team environment.
Skills and Experience
- Proficient in administrative and secretarial skills
- Robust background in customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to meet tasks headlines.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, punctuality, integrity and respect for others
- Swift and accurate typing skills with intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in a health services environment
- Certification in medical terminology
- Familiarity in hospital database systems
- Knowledge of Health Fund procedures.
Remuneration: On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $29.62 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Westmead Private Hospital is a modern facility offering a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Located in western Sydney, Westmead Private has developed a strong focus in interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, urology and orthopaedics.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Recognition and rewards programs
*Casual employees may not be able to access all benefits
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- Must provide a current Working-With-Children check
- Must provide proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any enquiries regarding this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Lee-Anne MacDonald, Director of Finance and Administration via email at MacdonaldLeeAnne@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend