Wardsperson – Day Surgery
- Multiple Causal opportunities
- Assist patients and clinical staff within the hospital environment
- Grow your career in a friendly and welcoming environment
- We pride ourselves on great teamwork
About the Role
The Day Surgery Wardsperson is responsible for patient assistance and assistance to clinical staff within the hospital environment.
This will involve tasks including patient transfers, patient lifting using aides, and response to emergencies.
This position is also responsible for cleaning of the department; including terminal cleans post discharge of infectious patients.
Key to this role is the ability to perform the duties of the position including: lifting and transferring of patients using aides, and transporting patients within the facility.
The successful candidate will have the ability to build strong rapport within the perioperative team of whilst working closely with the nursing management team
- Excellent work ethic
- Time management skills
- Ability to successfully work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a similar role (Desirable)
$ 25.96 - $26.14 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
About the Organisation
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187-bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Limited, the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- A distinctive culture of People Caring for People
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Flexible career pathways and unparallel learning and development
- Employee benefits scheme
- Wide variety of Professional development programs
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Recognition and rewards programs
*Casual employees may not be able to access all benefits
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Elizabeth Ashman, Nurse Unit Manager