Senior Network Engineer
Job no: 558672
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - QLD Metropolitan, Corporate Services - VIC Metropolitan, Corporate Services - WA, Corporate Services - NSW Metropolitan
Categories: Information Technology
Ready to elevate your career? Join our IT Infrastructure Services team at Ramsay Health Care!
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Enjoy flexibility – work from home supported!
- Based in Sydney, however suitable candidates from Brisbane, Melbourne or Perth considered
As a Senior Network Engineer, you’ll lead the charge in maintaining our network and telecommunications systems. Expect daily challenges, career growth and the chance to be a part of a culture-led digital strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support Ramsay in shaping the future of healthcare technology!
You will be required to:
- Maintain configure and support existing LAN/WAN environment.
- Take initiative and propose recommendations about improvements to Ramsay’s networking infrastructure to meet changing business needs
- Mentor and support junior staff and act as the last point of escalation within your field
- Perform efficient administration of network equipment at Data Centre and hospital sites, including WIFI infrastructure, and 3rd party connections
- Assist in the testing and implementation of Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Industry qualifications in networking such as CCNP, CCIE or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years working in the networking field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, GCP & Azure
- High level working knowledge of communications equipment and concepts
- Proven experience in monitoring, managing and maintaining LAN/WAN, WI-FI and VPN networks
- Experience in implementing and supporting wireless solutions
- Strong understanding of security principles and operations of proxy firewalls
Ideal, though not essential:
- Solid experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform
- Experience with Palo Alto firewall
- Previous experience working in a health care environment
- Experience in supporting virtual environments
- Experience with HP/Aruba range of switches is advantageous
A competitive salary, commensurate of experience and qualifications will be on offer to the successful candidate.
About Ramsay Health Care
Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
We believe in a bright future for our company and for every one of our employees – our wellbeing initiatives and learning and development programs have seen us grow as an industry leader and sought after employer.
We offer a great range of benefits for permanent employees including:
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
- Internal peer nominated awards (as well as Ramsay’s National awards),
- Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal and financial assistance
- Ramsay corporate discounts including private health insurance, fitness passports and travel/ holiday discounts.
- We encourage and offer assistance and support for professional development
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., novated leases, self-education expenses and more
- Paid parental leave and study leave
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- A National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
All applications must be lodged online and should include your CV and Cover Letter outlining the above criteria. Agency applications will not be accepted at this time.
Applications close Wednesday 29th November 2023
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend