Job no: 558842
Work type: Casual
Location: Ramsay Clinic Cairns
Categories: Medical Professionals
Casual opportunity – average 3 hour shifts
This casual opportunity will see you support the general medical admission assessment of patients admitting to Ramsay Clinic Cairns as voluntary clients. As the General Practitioner, in collaboration with other team members, you will support the care provided by the Treating Psychiatrist.
The General Practitioner is responsible for:
- Identifying patients’ needs by a systematic assessment ensuring appropriate treatment is implemented in collaboration with the Visiting Medical Officer (Psychiatrist).
- Implementing planned medical care which is evidenced based to achieve identified outcomes
- Prioritising and providing medical care according to professional standards and hospital policies and procedures
- Providing collegial support in clinical problem solving, acting as a role model and resource person for staff
- Within areas of expertise, assist with education of clinical staff and medical students as required
- Participating in discharge planning, coordinating activities with other health care professionals to optimise patient outcomes
- Ensuring medication prescription, management and documentation complies with legal and hospital policy requirements
- Providing effective first line management during medical emergencies and code situations, including the management of potentially aggressive patients
Your Skills and Experience
- Current and relevant registration with AHPRA
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Minimum of 3 years post-graduate General Practitioner experience
- Competent in providing advanced life support measures
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in an acute mental health care facility (desirable)
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Ramsay Clinic Cairns (RCC) is in tropical Cairns, far north Queensland.
Ramsay Clinic Cairns has a number of onsite Psychiatrists consulting from the medical suites. RCC run a variety of out-patient, group-based therapy programs. Specialising in Mood Disorders, Anxiety program and Relapse prevention programme. To complement the outpatient services, RCC is also a 30-bed inpatient facility. The staff at the Ramsay Clinic Cairns anticipate and respect the personalised needs of clients and their families. Ramsay Clinic Cairns is a fully accredited mental health hospital and prides itself on its values.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Sharon Downman, Clinical Services Manager
Applications Close Monday 4th December 2023
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend