Clinical Nurse Educator
Job no: 558846
Work type: Full time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Courses, Nursing - Registered
Leadership opportunity for a registered nurse to join our education team! Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Reporting directly to the Orthopaedic Nursing Unit Managers, the Clinical Nurse Educator will play a pivotal role in driving education and provide clinical support to staff, working towards the Hospital Education Department’s strategic plan as a valued team member.
You will be required to:
- Provide quality, evidenced based training and clinical support to staff and students across the 76-beds between our Level 3 and 4 South Orthopaedics wards
- Develop, implement and evaluate learning and development programs across the facility
- Lead and facilitate on-boarding of new staff members and new graduates
- Provide valuable contributions to the hospital’s quality improvement process
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Registered Nurse with a strong commitment to education and customer service who displays excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Your positive attitude, ability to prioritise, delegate and adapt, along with your excellent time management skills are all important for this role.
Key Skills and Experience
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration
- Previous experience educating or preceptorship of staff in formal and informal settings
- First class presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of evidence-based practice in a clinical environment
- Proven ability to work within a team or independently, as required
- Proficient computer skills
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment is desirable
Benefits! Why Choose a Career with Us?
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Flexible work opportunities – have a say in your roster times
- Permanent employees and their families are eligible for a fitness passport – to help achieve your wellness goals with a discounted gym membership
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels
- Discounts on personal care hire from Hertz
- National scholarship program available to support your career progression
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
- Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal and financial assistance
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For any enquiries please contact: Jane Murphy via MurphyJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: Thursday the 14th of December 2023
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend