Hospital Medical Officer
Job no: 558906
Work type: Casual, Part time
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: Medical Professionals
Hospital Medical Officer
Part Time or Casual Opportunity
- Make a difference! Join the high-quality clinical team at Southern Highlands Private Hospital as a Hospital Medical Officer.
- Are you looking for a great work-life balance in a great location? The Southern Highlands are close to Sydney and a beautiful, growing regional area.
About the Role
Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides patient services across a wide range of medical and surgical specialties as well as palliative care, rehabilitation and oncology.
The Medical Officer is responsible for:
- Providing medical assessment and clinical care to hospitalised patients.
- Ordering and review of investigations.
- Completion of comprehensive patient admission assessments in a timely manner.
- Consultation with VMOs regarding patient condition and plan of care.
- Provide effective first line management during medical emergencies.
Permanent Part time hours as well as on call shifts are available.
To be successful in this role, you will possess high level communication & clinical skills as well as be a great team-player.
You will demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- General Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum PGY3 +
- Recent acute hospital experience
- Competent in ALS with current certification.
- Competency in Paediatric ALS would be highly regarded.
- Ability to obtain a Medicare provider number.
Southern Highlands Private Hospital is a modern 73 bed facility built in 1996. Located in Bowral in the picturesque and peaceful Southern Highlands of NSW. We are 1.5 hours from Sydney, 1.75 hours from Canberra and an hour from the beautiful South Coast.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Access our flexible work opportunities
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Professional development programs
- Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Study leave
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Car servicing discounts on Mazda vehicles
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Tech discounts on Microsoft and Apple purchase
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave
*Casual employees may not be able to access all benefits
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay requires a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity, please contact Annie Dean, Director of Clinical Services at DeanA@ramsayhealth.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend