Head of People, WA Hospitals
Job no: 558960
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - WA
Categories: Management, Human Resources
- Lead a dynamic and dedicated people business partner team in a full-time capacity
- Exciting leadership opportunity in the People function with Australia's premier private healthcare provider
- Hybrid working supported
The Head of People for WA Hospitals is at the forefront of shaping state-specific People strategies, forging a strong connection with the overarching national People strategy. This dynamic role entails hands-on leadership of the People business partner teams and a close collaboration with hospital executives to cultivate a high-performance culture deeply aligned to the Ramsay Way. With robust support from national teams, this position seizes the opportunity to take the lead in navigating complex industrial matters, including the negotiation of state-based enterprise agreements. Furthermore, it plays a pivotal role in the exciting journey of attracting, nurturing, and retaining a top-tier, sustainable workforce to drive our hospital strategy to new heights.
What You Will Bring
The Head of People for WA Hospitals will serve as a strategic partner, offering valuable expertise, coaching, and service delivery across various aspects of people matters throughout Western Australia. Your primary areas of responsibility will encompass:
- Coach, advise, support and enable executives, managers and people business partners
- Play a crucial part in leading enterprise bargaining efforts, providing knowledgeable guidance, to help achieve bargaining goals and priorities
- Promote, support and drive People strategic plans and objectives
- Build organisational capability and minimise industrial disputation
- Attract, develop, motivate and retain a high performing and sustainable workforce
- Guide collaborative relationships between corporate functions and Hospital operations
Your Skills and Experience
- Successfully implemented People strategies aligned with national strategies and standards
- Demonstrated expertise in enterprise bargaining
- Thorough understanding of national employment laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Proven track record in driving and facilitating change
- Experience operating at both strategic and operational levels
- Achieves results through consultation, negotiation, advice, and facilitation
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Develops positive relationships with a diverse range of people
- Proven ability to work effectively both within a team environment and independently as needed
- Strong customer service skills with a commitment to excellence
- Holds relevant tertiary qualifications in an HR-related discipline or possesses relevant business experience
Desirable but not essential
- Experience in the healthcare industry
We pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we have built with leading health care practitioners throughout the organisation. Our hospitals are led by competent and experienced managers renowned for having an “open door” policy for doctors and staff. Ramsay Health Care staff work in an environment that is receptive and flexible where they have the opportunity to shape the standards and quality of care.
Ramsay Health Care also;
- Strives to provide staff at all levels with career expansion, training and development opportunities;
- Are known for our commitment to staff through the fostering and development of a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” which recognises that our people are the key to our success; and
- Provides our National Employee Benefits and Wellness program - benefits offering in areas related to lifestyle and health improvement, discounted health insurance, retail and service discounts, financial education and banking services.
As a part of Ramsay Health Care’s ongoing response to the pandemic and commitment to the health and wellbeing of the community, successful applicants are required to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to commencement. Candidates will also be required to provide a current National Police check.
All applications must be lodged online and should include your cover letter and CV addressing the above criteria.
Applications close Tuesday 5th December 2023.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend